in-ten-tio-nal
done on purpose; deliberate
"intentional wrongdoing and harm"
Have you ever said or were on receiving end of, "I didn't intend for that to happen?" Think about it for a moment. If that small phrase has never been a part of your vocabulary, count it a blessing. I guess its not drastic if you've said it after you burned eggs, or shrunk an article of clothing by mistake. We never intend for anything bad to happen; especially if its the misfortune of an act that directly affects me, you, or I.
Intentional intentions are usually directed towards someone you subconsciously want to hurt, but didn't intend to. Hurtful words that have been rehearsed and repeated silently over and over, meticulously waiting for the right moment to intentionally shatter someone to the core.
Do we ever intend to assassinate a relationship? To the inner depths of its being? Yes.We.Do. We want it to be over. We want it to be done. Finished. Poof be gone. Still, the thought that settles in our mind after the decapitating blow is blasted, the thought that rises up and down like a see saw; knowing it will crash to the ground and cause pain to the person on the receiving end is, we didn't intend for that to happen.
I didn't intend to tell you I love you. I should have been more intentional and focused on the truth. Giving someone a false sense of belonging is an illustration of a malfunctioning character trait. A flaw. An intentional motive that results in you always being the benefactor is one of those, "I didn't mean for that to happen," scenarios. At least one of us is happy, right? And when it comes right down to it being happy is what really matters. It doesn't matter if that happiness if for self preservation within a relationship, right? Gotta take care of yourself first before you can take care of anyone or anything else. You have to intentionally intend to take care of yourself.
The domino effect is a prime example of intentional intentions. Hours or even days are spent constructing a design that takes a few minutes to fall. Think of the joy that's felt as we meticulously watch the design fall, piece by piece, continuing on until all the soldiers are at parade rest.
"It just happened," equals intentional intentions. "I don't know why I did that," equals intentional intentions. Making a choice equals intentional intentions. Big sin, little sin, everywhere a sin sin, equals intentional intentions. The flesh is weak equals intentional intentions. Is there a cure? Possibly, but most times we don't want it until the target is hit.
It's easy to say think before you speak or put a plan in to motion. For myself I do, and still orchestrate intentionally. A favorite line, excuse or half hearted apology is, "God is not through with me yet." Maybe so, but if you don't want it done to you, don't do it to anyone else. Will that stop us from hurting someone that we didn't mean to hurt? I can't answer that, I'm just writing out loud. It's something to think about, though. Intentional intentions...oooooooooooooweeeeeee...
I love you.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment