A ground wire serves as a connection and protection. It's needed for the proper flow of electricity and wards off electrical surges. It protects us from shocks, electrical shorts and misery. Imagine how angry you'd be if a short happened while charging your cell phone. Your Social Media presence will be affected and your cell phone will be BBQ qrill burnt toast. Oh, the horror.
A few weeks ago I rode to work in silence and thought about what I'm grounded to. What is my connection and protection? If you know me personally, you know God IS in my life. With my mistakes, incorrect thought process (I'll write about that one day. Eh, maybe not...) and everything long on wrong about me - God IS. If you know me personally you know that I love my daddy, weiner dogs, candles, writing, and running my mouth in front of a microphone.
My father definitely was and is my ground wire. He's been heavy on my mind lately with all the "stuff" that's gone on in my life these past few years. With Father's Day approaching, and June being the month he died in, I'm all up in my feelings. And you know what? I am allowed to be. I just want to tell him that he was right! Man, was he right.
When I'd do a comedy show, I'd call him and give him a sports announcer play by play of the night. I'd tell him who was funny and who bombed. Of course I was the IT girl, I mean, I was, correction, am, Miss WandaLuv. My daddy was all in! I smiled so hard writing and remembering that.
He was my anchor. That's how I felt. My daddy was my anchor. I could travel anywhere, do anything, and live reckless in the streets of America because my daddy was here. He kept me grounded while I was out here flying like a free fool. Oh, the horror...
When he died, I felt that no one was here for me anymore. My anchor was gone. I had to get somewhere and sit down. It was when I was sitting that I became a maid to other folks mess. Like, ain't nobody got time for that.
At times during my silent ride I talked and laughed with my daddy and my Father. I realized who I'm grounded to. My gift is for me and I can still unwrap it and use it. My daddy told me to keep chippin' at it.
"Keep chippin' at it, baby girl, just keep chippin'."
I can hear his voice loud and clear and I thank God for that. What I know for sure is that when I need a recharge, I can pick up my Bible, or look at my daddy's picture and I'm reminded of our conversations. Memories.
What is your ground wire? Think about what you're connected to and protected from. If your connection ain't your protection oooooooooweeeeeee...you best do some reevaluating.
It's just like right when you realize that you're alright. Yep...and I'm alright with me.
I luv you.


No comments:
Post a Comment